Memo for the student « Rules for writing reviews for a film, a novel »
Review is just a critical analysis and evaluation of any artwork, movie.
How to make an evaluation on a book
- 1. Browse carefully and reread the writing.
- 2. Take into account the concerns:
- Just How ended up being the written book read?
- How will it be identified by other readers?
- What’s the theme associated with the work?
- What exactly is his main concept?
- So what does the author convince us?
- How exactly does the writer lead us to these conclusions?
- Who will be the heroes regarding the book?
- Exactly what are their aspirations, deeds, figures?
- Exactly What relation do they’ve with readers?
- What’s the creative originality of this book?
- Just How is it built?
- What exactly is her tongue?
- Exactly What did you find bright and unusual within the language?
- 3. What exactly is your general evaluation of this book?
- What exactly is in this work of value, new?
- What, maybe, is certainly not persuading sufficient? Maybe Not totally effective?
- 4. Answer the responses to those questions within the review in line with the plan.
Arrange for reviewing the book
Policy for reviewing the written guide is composed of:
- 1. Date of book regarding the ongoing work(with regards to ended up being written or posted).
- 2. Reputation for creation, the look associated with work.
- 3. Genre peculiarity for the work.
- 4. The plot and structure regarding the work (what exactly is this work, title its main events; note the sequence, the culmination, the denouement, the part associated with the epilogue as well as the epigraph (if you have).)
- 5. Topics (as described within the ongoing work), exactly what topics are moved in the work.
- 6. The issues (which problems, concerns) are addressed when you look at the ongoing work, are they essential, exactly why are they being considered by the author.
- 7. Traits regarding the primary artistic images (names, bright attributes of look, social situation, life philosophy, views in the globe, relations along with other heroes,experiences, thoughts, what problem/problems is associated with this hero).
- 8. The concept and pathos regarding the ongoing work( exactly what the writer wished to say, their view for the author in the dilemmas involved, just what he calls).
- 9. Put of work with the author’s work (is it essential strive to comprehend the author’s imagination, whether or not it reflects the primary themes and dilemmas in their work, are you able to judge by this work in regards to the journalist’s design, his worldview).
- 10. The area for the work in the annals of literature (whether this tasks are significant for Russian literature therefore the globe letter tours, why).
- 11. Your impression associated with the work (I liked/did not like, why).
The conditional scheme of comparison of the heroes associated with work:
- – top features of the portrait traits: how a character characterizes the looks, clothing, etc.;
- – Origin;
- – genealogy, generic and characteristics that are individual
- – Characteristics associated with character, habits;
- – Expressive details;
- – Education, a type of knowledge;
- – Speech attribute;
- – capability to dialogue that is internal self-analysis;
- – The ratio associated with hero to people;
- – Attitude of those around to your hero;
- – the way the hero exhibits himself into the situation of preference;
- – How exactly does the type change through the work.
Policy for the analysis associated with the dramatic work
- 1. Time for the publication and creation for the play.
- 2. The area occupied into the playwright’s work.
- 3. The theme associated with play while the reflection with it of a particular vital product.
- 4. Actors and their grouping.
- 5. Conflict of the dramatic work, its originality, their education of novelty and sharpness, its deepening.
- 6. The introduction of dramatic action and its particular phase. The exposition, the plot, the vicissitudes, the culmination, the denouement.
- 7. Composition associated with the play. The significance and role of each and every act.
- 8. Dramatic characters and their relationship to action.
- 9. Speech attribute associated with the characters. Relationship of character and words.
- 10. The part of dialogues and monologues into the play.
- 11. Recognition for the author’s place. The role of remarks in drama.
- 12. Genre and visible originality of this play. Communication associated with the genre to preferences that are authorial preferences.
An plan that is approximate characterizing the creative image (character).
Introduction. Host to the character when you look at the operational system of images of this work.
Principal component. Characteristic.
- 1. Social and product situation.
- 2. External appearance.
- 3. The peculiarity regarding the world and worldview outlook, the circle of mental passions, inclinations, habits:
- a) the nature regarding the task as well as the basic life aspirations;
- b) impact on others.
- 4. Section of feelings:
- a) sort of relationship to others;
- b) top features of inner experiences.
- 5. Author’s mindset to the character.
- 6. Exactly What options that come with the hero’s character are revealed when you look at the work:
- a) by using a portrait;
- b) within the author’s characteristic;
- c) through the characterization of other actors;
- d) with the help of biography or history;
- ag e) by way of a chain of actions;
- g) within the message characteristic;
- h) through environmental surroundings.
The final outcome. What public problem led the writer to produce this image.